Finally! I said I would show you the end result of the custom project I have been working on. It may have taken me longer than expected to get it posted, but the wait is over. (I know you've been on the edge of your seat for days)
If you recall, this is the before picture...
Kind of looks like the same color base but it's really (REALLY) not.
The nice gal I'm doing this for wanted a stained wood top and a creamy, aged/distressed bottom, unfortunately, this baby is made of pressed wood or some other low quality 'wood,' (although it is very sturdy & well made!) so I couldn't simply strip and stain it to give it the look she wanted.
Plan B- ok, I didn't have one, but I soon came up with one. I talked to my resident expert at the local Woodsmith Store and she and I came up with some colors that just might get to the look I wanted. I came home and nervously gave it a whirl. It's much more nerve racking when it's not something I thought up. In this case I had the deposit and was challenged to replicate an idea that was in someone ELSE'S head. So here is what I came up with using brown and black paints and glaze...
She wanted the original divots, dips and imperfections to be used and show through. She also said her dining room furniture (where this will be placed) is a darker wood with black glaze on it.
They are coming to pick it up and see it for the first time tonight. I hope they like it. If not, I might just have to keep it (although the hubby would probably have something else to say about that). Also shared on Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday.
On a side note, I have been playing with the photo editor on Picnik and I think I'm getting better. I tried some different effects on these and they turned out better than the original. Still so much to learn!