Thursday, October 27, 2011

Festive Fall Acorn Cookies

Hello my lovelies. This fall weather has me in the mood for Christmas shopping (half way done!) and baking. A little fact about me, I LOVE to bake. Probably relates to my wicked sweet tooth, regardless, I used to bake every week in high school and take the treats to the bank I worked at.

Anywho... my obsession with Pinterest led me to these adorable little acorn cookies.
So cute, right? And they are delicious! I'm not a huge peanut butter & chocolate fan but I really enjoyed these.

Now, I really, really hate when the original source is not listed on Pinterest, such was the case here. I even tried to search elsewhere, to no avail. So my apologies to the creator of these little cuties for not linking back.
So how do you make them? Easy peasy...
You need:
   -Snack size Nutter Butter
   -Mini, semi-sweet chocolate chips
   -Hershey's Kisses

Melt a 1/2 cup or so (I winged it) of the mini chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. These melt quickly (and burn quickly) so don't skimp on this. Then you take some of the extra (whole) mini-chips, dip them in the chocolate and place them in the center of the Nutter Butter cookie.
 Just a tip: dipping them didn't work well for me because I couldn't grip them well. So instead, I used a toothpick, dipped it in the melted chocolate, spread it on the bottom of the mini-chip and then put it on the cookie.
I then refrigerated them to harden the chocolate. Next, unwrap the number of kisses you need and set aside. Reheat the chocolate to melt it again. It shouldn't take long. Finally, dip the kiss in the melted chocolate and stick it to the other side of the Nutter Butter (make sure the mini chip has hardened & is firmly stuck first, otherwise they will slide off). I placed them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper to dry. Put them back in the frig for 10 minutes to speed up the drying process if you wish.

Voila! Cute little snack with very little difficulty!

1 comment:

  1. Instead of melting the chocolate i used a plate microwaved it for a minute to get it hot then put the kisses on them. The bottom started to melt and i stuck it to the cookie.

    ReplyDelete