Sunday, October 9, 2011

White, Distressed Headboard

Happy Sunday! I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. We hit the pumpkin patch today and had some great family fun.

Today's post is another Craigslist find. I'm really terrible about writing down the amount I pay for things. Ok, before you judge, I do the mental cost/profit calculation prior to purchasing things (I have some sort of strange ability to calculate things in my head faster than I can put it in a calculator). I just forget to put it to pen and paper. I'm working on it. My husband insists that I work on it. Love you handsome hubby...thanks for keeping me honest.


This was such a simple, but gratifying, project. I just recently purchased my first quart(s) of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (ASCP). Since it requires no primer or pretreatment (I know, awesome!), I simply cleaned it with some TSP and coated it with 'Old White' ASCP, left it over night, and did a 2nd coat the next day. After the paint was dry I did a rough sanding on the edges to distress it, followed by a light sanding all over in order to remove any brush marks. Finally, I covered it with a layer of Fiddes & Sons 'Light' wax, which I ordered from John Millen Hardware, and buff with a clean, lint free cloth after it dries.


That's it! I hope you enjoy and appreciate those curves like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment